Kanak chaturvedi comes from a family where education was very important as her father was principal in the college . Since the beginning she was very much interested in music and she started her music at the age of 6 . And finished her graduation from Agra university. But what ever she has achieved to day is all because of her husband. who always was admirer of her music and encouraged her . What ever is she to day is because of her husband and Gurus .
- For this passion of music she took 8 years training at Bhat khande music college Lucknow and took serious training from Sri Prem Singh Kanot Ji for 20 years, who inspired her to finish her M.A. music from Kanpur university at the same time she started her gazal training under supervision of Sri Iqbal siddiqui ji and persued for 6 years to have proper pronunciation and expression of Urdu . Who encouraged her to qualify from All .India, Radio . and first time she performed at Habitat Center Delhi.
- Her main motto of life is IT IS NEVER TOO LATE. And that is how she started teaching at Bhat khande Lucknow when her son was in class X. and then onwards she started performing at different mahotsawa like Taj mahotsawa, Lucknow Mahotsawa,, Hyderabad., Delhi , London and Many More Places around the World.
- She also worked with Mr. Muzzafar ali and he released a c.d. with name Jam—e—ishq
- At Delhi also she has been teaching but she never took full time job as her family is her top priority.
- This c.d. Karwan is an effort to bring different types of music as well as very good literature to bring in front of the people . Allaha is type of singing which no female sings and she has made efforts to sing successfully. It is her sicere desire that people of good taste listen to this music and bless her and wish her for further success